This delicious Tin Foil Seafood Boil is a quick and easy way to make a delicious summer dinner! Packed with fresh prawns, sausage, and potatoes, this boil is sure to please. The foil encased seafood is cooked with a flavorful blend of herbs and spices, creating a savory and aromatic dish. All you need to do is lay out the foil, add the ingredients, fold up the foil into a packet, and place it in the Rockpot. In no time you'll have a delicious seafood dinner that is sure to be a hit at your next summer gathering!
- 1 pound baby red potatoes halved
- 1 (12-oz) package smoked sausage
- 1 pound uncooked peeled and deveined extra-large shrimp
- 2 ears fresh corn cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning OR Cajun seasoning OR both to taste
- ½ teaspoon dried garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley optional for serving
Place potatoes in microwave-safe bowl and microwave on HIGH for 5-6 minutes. Alternatively, boil on the stove in salted water for 8-10 minutes. Seat aside to cool for 10 minutes. You can also have them uncooked just make you dice the potatoes small.
Heat Rocktablet for 30 mins.
Place potatoes in a large bowl with remaining ingredients, EXCEPT for lemon, butter and parsley. Toss to coat.
Set out 4 large pieces of aluminium foil, each at least 18 inches long. Divide potato mixture evenly between foil pieces. Top each with 1 tablespoon of butter and juice from 1 lemon wedge. Fold and crimp all edges of foil packets to yield four tightly sealed, leak-proof pouches.
Place packets in the Rockpot for 30 minutes, until shrimp is cooked, sausage is heated through and vegetables are tender.
To serve, open each foil packet (careful, hot steam and juices will emerge!) and serve with chopped parsley and additional lemon wedges, if you like.