Chicken Fajita Soup
This delicious Chicken Fajita Soup is the perfect way to warm up on a chilly day! Made with tender chicken, bell peppers, onions, and a blend of spices, this soup is sure to become a family favorite. Serve it with a side of warm tortillas for a tasty and satisfying meal. Perfect for busy weeknights, this Chicken Fajita Soup is sure to make your taste buds happy! Shopify has all the ingredients you need to make this Mexican-inspired soup!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup white onion (diced)
- 3 tsp garlic (minced)
- 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes (not drained)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies (not drained)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can whole-kernel corn (drained)
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups crunchy tortilla strips
- Add chicken to the bottom of inner cooking pot. Then, add other remaining ingredients on top.
- Cover with the glass lid and place on top of the RockTablet while heating.
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks. Then, add it back into the slow cooker and mix everything.
- Serve while hot and garnish with cheese and tortilla strips.
Heating the RockTablet on stovetop:
- Place RockTablet on burner
- Place inner pot on RockTablet
- Turn heat on high
- Once all the ingredients are in the inner cooking pot, place lid on inner pot
- Heat RockTablet for a full 30 minutes on high heat with inner pot sitting on the stone, food will be boiling.
- After 30 minutes, turn off heat, remove inner pot from stone
- Place HOT RockTablet in the bottom of the RockPot
- Put inner cooking pot (full of hot food) in the RockPot on the hot stone
- Close the RockPot and latch the lid
- Let cook for 4-6 hours
- Shred the chicken in the Rockpot and serve when your ready.
Heating the RockTablet by fire:
- Heat the RockTablet for a full 30 minutes in the fire. Follow our fire guide here
- While stone is heating, combine all ingredients in the inner cooking pot.
- Place HOT stone in the bottom of the RockPot.
- Put inner cooking pot (full of food) in the RockPot on the RockTablet.
- Put the lid on the inner pot.
- Close the RockPot and latch the lid.
- Let cook for 4-5 hours
- Shred the chicken in the Rockpot using two forks or tongs.
Leave a comment